|NOTICE No: MT000001005
|MODEL: Mazda MPV
|AFFECTED VINs: Lower than JM3 LV5*** P0 522839
|SUBJECT: Power window malfunctions
There are four related symptoms.
- Power window stops half-way down.
- Power window does not function at all.
- It takes too long for the power window to close. (spec. = 5.3 sec.)
- Power window noise during window operation.
- A flocked type glass run channel was introduced and the regulator installation hole was modified on 1/90. This modification is to make the power window operate properly. The window travel time should not exceed 5.3 seconds with the engine running. Also, the window regulator was repositioned for better operation 1mm inward. Replace window regulator if necessary.
Mass-production VIN : JM3LV5***L0225191
- The shape of the motor seal packing was changed and its sealing ability increased on 3/93. This will reduce power window motor failures. Power window motor part number has not been changed.
Mass-production VIN : JM3LV5***P0522839
- CONSUMER NOTICE:
- The information and instructions in this notice are intended for
use by skilled technicians. Mazda technicians utilize the proper
tools/equipment and take training to correctly and safely maintain
Mazda vehicles. These instructions should not be performed by
"do-it-yourselfers." Consumers should not assume this
notice applies to their vehicle or that their vehicle will develop
the described concern. To determine if the information applies,
consumers should contact their nearest authorized Mazda dealership.