|NOTICE No: MT000003540
|MODEL: Mazda MPV
|AFFECTED VINs: N/A
|SUBJECT: Water in rear well behind 3rd row seat
- Water may be found in the well area behind the third row seat. Water may enter during heavy rain conditions.
Water may enter through body holes that are plugged with factory installed fiber patches.
- Remove carpet and matting from well area.
- Confirm water entry by running a hose over rear bumper area and by spraying water up from the underside of the vehicle.
- Leaks may be found leaking past hole patches or from upper bolt holes from rear bumper reinforcement.
- Use a 3M part # 08405 Flexiclear Body Seam Sealer or equivalent.
- CONSUMER NOTICE:
- The information and instructions in this notice are intended for
use by skilled technicians. Mazda technicians utilize the proper
tools/equipment and take training to correctly and safely maintain
Mazda vehicles. These instructions should not be performed by
"do-it-yourselfers." Consumers should not assume this
notice applies to their vehicle or that their vehicle will develop
the described concern. To determine if the information applies,
consumers should contact their nearest authorized Mazda dealership.