|NOTICE No: MT000000623
|MODEL: Mazda MPV
|AFFECTED VINs: JM3 LV5*** N0 414910 - JM3 LV5*** N0 418887
|SUBJECT: Power steering leak at high pressure hose
Fluid leak may be present at the high pressure hose.
Re-tightening of power steering hose may be all that is needed to repair leak. Follow the inspection procedure below.
- Clean fluid from around the p/s hose and connection.
- Tighten the p/s hose by turning the nut 60 degrees (one flat).
- With the engine on, fully turn the steering wheel to the right or left and hold for 10 seconds.
- Return the steering wheel to the centered position and stop the engine.
- Inspect the p/s hose, if the leak is still present replace the p/s hose.
|| Power steering hose
- CONSUMER NOTICE:
- The information and instructions in this notice are intended for
use by skilled technicians. Mazda technicians utilize the proper
tools/equipment and take training to correctly and safely maintain
Mazda vehicles. These instructions should not be performed by
"do-it-yourselfers." Consumers should not assume this
notice applies to their vehicle or that their vehicle will develop
the described concern. To determine if the information applies,
consumers should contact their nearest authorized Mazda dealership.