|NOTICE No: MT000004462
|MODEL: Mazda MPV
|AFFECTED VINs: N/A
|SUBJECT: MIL ON: DTC P0442
|APPLICABLE MODELS: 2002-2004 MPV|
On some vehicles, the MIL may be ON with DTC, P0442 and/or P0455 stored in
the PCM memory. In most cases, there is no drivability concern, just the MIL is
ON. The most common root cause for this concern on the MPV is a loose fuel
1. Capture the Freeze Frame data stored, then clear all codes.
2. Perform the WDS evaporative system test to confirm the leak.If the vehicle
fails, use the Mazda approved EVAP Tester (smoke checker) model # 134-01049 to
3. Activate Mode 8 to manually close the Change Over Valve (COV).
Note: the purge solenoid valve is Normally Closed (NC).
4. Perform the gas leak and smoke test to confirm the location of a leak.
- CONSUMER NOTICE:
- The information and instructions in this notice are intended for
use by skilled technicians. Mazda technicians utilize the proper
tools/equipment and take training to correctly and safely maintain
Mazda vehicles. These instructions should not be performed by
"do-it-yourselfers." Consumers should not assume this
notice applies to their vehicle or that their vehicle will develop
the described concern. To determine if the information applies,
consumers should contact their nearest authorized Mazda dealership.
--== http://www.mpvclub.com, 2021 ==--