|NOTICE No: MT000001975
|MODEL: Mazda MPV
|AFFECTED VINs: N/A
|SUBJECT: High Speed Shake (Over 60 MPH)
|APPLICABLE MODELS: 00-01 Protege, 98-01 626, 00-01 MPV, 99-01 Miata, 95-01 Millenia|
A shake or vibration may be felt in the seat, floor, steering wheel or other body parts of the vehicle when driving at high speeds (above 60 mph).
Inspection and Repair Procedure
- Confirm the symptom.
- Check the wheel balance and adjust as necessary.
- If symptom still exists after a test drive, proceed with step 3.
- Temporarily replace the wheels and tires with those from a known good vehicle.
- If symptoms still exist after a test drive, use the workshop manual to determine if the drive axle, driveshaft or wheel bearing may be the cause.
- If vehicle is OK after performing step 3, continue to step 4.
- Check the original wheels for curb damage or a warp condition.
- Replace wheels as necessary (note: curb damage is not
- Check tires for abnormal wear, uneven wear or flat spots. If abnormal or uneven wear is found, check the alignment and adjust as necessary (note: flat spots on a tire are not warrantable).
- CONSUMER NOTICE:
- The information and instructions in this notice are intended for
use by skilled technicians. Mazda technicians utilize the proper
tools/equipment and take training to correctly and safely maintain
Mazda vehicles. These instructions should not be performed by
"do-it-yourselfers." Consumers should not assume this
notice applies to their vehicle or that their vehicle will develop
the described concern. To determine if the information applies,
consumers should contact their nearest authorized Mazda dealership.