|NOTICE No: MT000002865
|MODEL: Mazda MPV
|AFFECTED VINs: N/A
|SUBJECT: Uneven/premature front tire wear
Symptoms and Conditions
Uneven or premature front tire wear may occur between 4,600 to 18,000 miles on 1997 MPV vehicles. This condition is caused by out of specification toe-in (0-0.8 degrees or 0-8 mm). Quality control at the plant has been
strengthened as of July 1997.
- Verify complaint.
- Check front toe-in.
- If toe-in is out of specification (0-0.8 degrees or 0-8 mm) adjust the toe-in by
referring to the workshop manual.
- If the toe-in is within specification, proceed to next step.
- Check the tread wear using a tread depth gauge.
- If the remaining tread wear is under 1.6 mm, replace with new tires.
- If the remaining tread wear is over 1.6 mm, tires are acceptable.
- Confirm repair.
- CONSUMER NOTICE:
- The information and instructions in this notice are intended for
use by skilled technicians. Mazda technicians utilize the proper
tools/equipment and take training to correctly and safely maintain
Mazda vehicles. These instructions should not be performed by
"do-it-yourselfers." Consumers should not assume this
notice applies to their vehicle or that their vehicle will develop
the described concern. To determine if the information applies,
consumers should contact their nearest authorized Mazda dealership.