Symptoms and Conditions
Oil consumption, smoke from exhaust, rough idle, or engine overheating may be
symptoms of a crack in the cylinder head.
Cylinder head cracks may be found at, but not limited to, various locations
on the head.
- Above center spark plug recess.
- #2 cylinder valve guide.
- Right head # cylinder area.
- Left #2 plug/bottom of F/cam tower
- Top between 2nd and 3rd cam boss.
- Left #2 intake runners.
- #3 valve guide area.
- Left head below cam journal #2 cyl.
- Left head/left rear corner.
Note: These cracks are very difficult to detect by conventional
methods. If the spark plug is fouled or there is excessive smoke from the
exhaust, a cracked head maybe the cause. Actions have been taken to strengthen
the cylinder head for 000200 :Y
Replace cylinder head with modified part (P/N JE06-10-100F).