|NOTICE No: MT000002609
|MODEL: Mazda MPV
|AFFECTED VINs: N/A
|SUBJECT: Tire vibration (Dunlop P215/65 R15)
Symptoms and Conditions
On some MPV vehicles tire vibration may be felt at highway speeds and transmitted through the front floor all the way up to the steering wheel.
The Tractive Force Variation (TFV) and Radial Force Variation (RFV) may be improper.
All of the following checks are to be performed on each of the four suspect tires and wheels.
- CHECK WHEEL RUN-OUT: Refer to the WSM for procedure and specifications.
- If good, then proceed to Step 2.
- If not good, repair according to the WSM.
- AIR PRESSURE: Check the tire pressure and adjust, if necessary, then proceed to Step
Specifications: Front 35 psi Rear 32 psi.
- TIRE BALANCE: With the original weights attached, check the unbalance amount.
- If the unbalanced amount is within 10 grams (0.35 oz), proceed to Step
- If the unbalanced amount is over 10 grams (0.35 oz), remove original wheel weights and rebalance to within 10 grams, target is 5 grams.
- ORDER COUNTERMEASURE PARTS
- CONSUMER NOTICE:
- The information and instructions in this notice are intended for
use by skilled technicians. Mazda technicians utilize the proper
tools/equipment and take training to correctly and safely maintain
Mazda vehicles. These instructions should not be performed by
"do-it-yourselfers." Consumers should not assume this
notice applies to their vehicle or that their vehicle will develop
the described concern. To determine if the information applies,
consumers should contact their nearest authorized Mazda dealership.