|NOTICE No: MT000002319
|MODEL: Mazda MPV
|AFFECTED VINs: N/A
|SUBJECT: Intermittent fog light oper. (port installed only)
Port installed fog lights (0000-88-V2FG-LT) operate intermittently.
The concern may be caused by a faulty ground. As a field repair, order two (2) c/m ground wire adapters from NNS-C/M Parts System and install them according to the steps below.
- Remove the reflector assembly from the fog light housing.
- Disconnect the red (+) and black (-) wires from the reflector assy.
- Remove the retainer clip from the back of the halogen bulb.
- Bend the c/m ground wire adapter (bracket side) to form a 90 degree "L" shape.
- Slide the red (+) wire through the hole in the bent ground wire adapter bracket.
- Slide the ground wire adapter onto the back of the halogen bulb and install the retainer clip to hold the ground wire adapter in place.
- Connect the red (+) wire to the original connector on the halogen bulb.
- Connect the black (-) wire to the ground wire adapter.
- Install the reflector assy. into the fog light housing ensuring that the assemblies are properly sealed to prevent water leaks.
- Verify fog light operation.
NOTE: Repeat steps above for the other side fog light.
- CONSUMER NOTICE:
- The information and instructions in this notice are intended for
use by skilled technicians. Mazda technicians utilize the proper
tools/equipment and take training to correctly and safely maintain
Mazda vehicles. These instructions should not be performed by
"do-it-yourselfers." Consumers should not assume this
notice applies to their vehicle or that their vehicle will develop
the described concern. To determine if the information applies,
consumers should contact their nearest authorized Mazda dealership.