|US BULLETIN No: 01-007/00
|CAN BULLETIN No: 01-00-06
|APPLIES TO: 2000 MPV
||AFFECTED VINs: Lower than JM3 LW28G* Y0 135255
|SUBJECT: MIL ON DTC P0140, P0160 - Freeze Frame Data Not Available
- Some vehicles may exhibit MIL illumination with the following codes
without freeze frame data stored in memory.
- P0140: HO2S (Rear, RH) circuit no activity detected.
- P0160: HO2S (Rear, LH) circuit no activity detected.
This is caused by the PCM being misprogrammed. DO NOT replace the
Customers having this concern should have their vehicle repaired
using the following procedure.
- Verify customer concern.
- If DTC P0140 or P0160 is present and Freeze Frame Data is stored in
memory, refer to the Workshop Manual (section 01-02A-92) and begin
troubleshooting at STEP 1.
||VERIFY FREEZE FRAME DATA HAS BEEN RECORDED
- Has FREEZE FRAME DATA been recorded?
||Go to next step.
||Record FREEZE FRAME DATA on repair order,
then go to next step.
- If DTC P0140 or P0160 is present and Freeze Frame Data is not stored
in memory, refer to the Workshop Manual (section 01-02A-94 DIAGNOSTIC
PROCEDURE), and begin troubleshooting at STEP 5 instead of STEP 1.
||VERIFY CURRENT INPUT SIGNAL STATUS
- Warm up engine.
- Access RH02SR for P0140 or RH02SL for P0160PID using NGS tester.
- Verify PID while racing engine at least 10 times (in PARK).
- Is PID reading okay?
- More than 0.55 V at least once during engine racing.
||Go to step 8.
||Go to next step.
Note: This information applies to verified customer complaints on vehicles covered under normal warranty.
Refer to the SRT microfiche for warranty term information.
|Part Number Main Cause
||**** - 18 - 88*
- CONSUMER NOTICE:
- The information and instructions in this bulletin are intended for
use by skilled technicians. Mazda technicians utilize the proper
tools/equipment and take training to correctly and safely maintain
Mazda vehicles. These instructions should not be performed by
"do-it-yourselfers." Consumers should not assume this
bulletin applies to their vehicle or that their vehicle will develop
the described concern. To determine if the information applies,
consumers should contact their nearest authorized Mazda dealership.