- If premature wear occurs on the front brake pads, a constant noise will be produced by the wear indicators.
- Replace the front brake pads with the revised pads according to the Parts
Information table of this bulletin. Inspect and replace the shims if the
rubber coating shows that damage has occurred aside from normal
installation. Clean up the rotor(s) surface. If the rotor(s) thickness is
less than the minimum required thickness of 22.00 mm (0.87 in), replace the
- After replacing front brake pads, check for any signs of dragging brakes.
- With engine running, apply the brakes two (2) or three (3) times (as if
you were stopping the vehicle).
- Release the brake pedal and rotate brake rotors two (2) full turns.
- Using a spring scale, check for brake drag. If brake drag is more than 12
kg (26 lbs), open bleeder and check brake drag again. If rotor drag is okay,
go to step 6. If brake drag is still too high, go to step 7. Figure 1.
NOTE: Brake rotor drag should be less than 12 kg (26 lbs).
Figure 1: Checking Brake Drag
- If brake drag is now less than 12 kg (26 lbs), check clearance at brake
pedal-to-power brake booster rod. Clearance should be 4.0-7.0 mm (.16-.28
in). If it is not correct, adjust brake pedal as described in the
appropriate Workshop Manual. Figure 2
Figure 2: Checking Brake Pedal-to-Power Booster Clearance
- Using Special Gauging Tool (SST49 F043 001), check clearance at
booster-to-master cylinder push rod. If not within specifications, adjust
push rod as described in the appropriate Workshop Manual. Figure 3.
Figure 3: Checking Booster-to-Master Cylinder Push Rod Clearance
BOOSTER-TO-MASTER CYLINDER CLEARANCE
- If brake drag is greater than 12 kg (26 lbs), check caliper and hub for
damage or misalignment. Replace parts as required and check brake drag
|LAY1 33 28ZD
||Pad Set, Front
||MPV 4x2 (Old Part No: LAY1 33 28ZC)
|LAY1 33 29ZB
|LAZ2 33 28ZA
||Pad Set, Front
||MPV 4x4 (Old Part No: LAZ2 33 28Z)
|LAZ2 33 29ZB
|LA01 33 251A
||Disc Brake Rotor
Note: This information applies to verified customer complaints on vehicles covered under normal warranty.
Refer to the SRT microfiche for warranty term information.
|Part Number Main Cause
||LAY1 33 28ZD or LAZ2 33 28ZA